- SDS Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Looking to use your skills with an Industry leader? SBA Communications Corporation is a first choice provider and leading owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure in North and Central America. By "Building Better Wireless," SBA generates revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. The primary focus of SBA is the leasing of antenna space on its multi-tenant towers to a variety of wireless service providers under long-term lease contracts. In addition, we provide site acquisition, zoning and permitting services as well as construction and installation of communication infrastructure network to our attractive customer base of wireless service providers. With over 700+ employees strong and growing, we are considered a top competitor in our Industry. SBA has been traded on NASDAQ since 1999 under the symbol SBAC. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.sbasite.com
Identify, investigate, select and collect rights, rules and regulations for wireless communications sites; negotiate lease contracts with private and public entities secure entitlements through zoning and permitting processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Investigate specific geographical areas. Locate candidate sites within specific geographic areas, which meet engineering standards. Compile all candidate data for presentation to the client. The candidate data is provided in a detailed and organized method following established SBA procedures. Supplies weekly progress reports to the Team Leader.
- Prepare and present proposals. Present verbal and written proposals to property owners selling the mutual benefits of a business relationship, and gauge the motivation of the owners.
- Prepare division budget and monitors site by site budget; authorizes purchase orders for surveyors, architects, attorneys, on a site by site basis.
- Coordinate with the Construction manager on the scheduling of construction of the facility and installation of equipment.
- Perform all zoning and permitting activities for cellular antennas and communication towers.
- Negotiates mutually acceptable terms with the owner and finalize an agreement.
- Determine the priorities of specific projects in accordance with their necessity and desirability and the time limits set for completion.
- Coordinate with the marketing team on handling controversial site approvals and public hearings.
- Writes, reviews and edits official documents; acts as technical advisor in all zoning and site plan matters.
- Attend and participate in various meetings; makes oral and written presentations.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- AA and equivalent work exp required; BA/BS preferred.
- 1-3 years experience increasing land planning, architecture, and/or local governmental experience including supervisory experience.
- Must have demonstrated the intermediate knowledge and ability to work with MS Office and MS Outlook.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stoop and bend.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
- Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
- Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
- Manual dexterity to input data into the computer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!