- Construction Services
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full Time
Perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction for expedited commercial deployment of services as directed by Superintendent and/or Foreman.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform tower construction activities including assembling/erecting towers, installing antennas, mounting hardware, installing coax and connectors, grounding, testing, positioning, and optimizing antennas and lines.
• Read Plans, Site Plans and Tower Drawings.
• Install, connect and test underground and above ground grounding systems.
• Complete work in a timely and efficient manner by planning, prioritizing, and mobilizing staff, materials to meet schedule.
• Ensure Foreman is apprised of construction progress, concerns, and deviations from plans or established schedule.
• Identify all materials and other resources needed to complete project.
• Identify construction "punch list" of items to be remedied and ensure they are completed prior to customer's inspection.
• Maintain and enforce all SBA and OSHA safety practices, perform daily job-site safety inspections on equipment prior to operation.
• Work with Superintendents and Foreman to analyze job requirements such as labor and materials.
• Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• 3+ years tower construction background required, preferably telecommunications.
• Able to read blueprints, details and specifications.
• Cald-weld or other thermo-weld training helpful.
• Anritsu and/or OSHA certified a plus.
• Knowledge of Test Equipment (sweep gear).
• Knowledge of standard knots, Pass N.A.T.E. Tower Climbers Exam.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid Driver's License - strongly preferred/may be required depending upon the location in which the position is required to work.
• May be required to obtain a DOT Medial Card.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
• Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Standing 90% of the day.
• Ability to stoop and bend.
• Ability to reach and stretch.
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
• Ability to walk, stand, bend and climb.
• Ability to work on job site in remote location for extended periods of time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!