- Construction Services
- Biddeford, ME, USA
- Full Time
$1500 sign-on bonus available for all newly hired Journeyman Tower Climbers
Limited Time Only! Do not miss out on this exciting opportunity and apply today!
*Certain conditions may apply
Perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction for expedited commercial deployment of services as directed by Superintendent and/or Foreman.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform tower construction activities including assembling/erecting towers, installing antennas, mounting hardware, installing coax and connectors, grounding, testing, positioning, and optimizing antennas and lines.
• Read Plans, Site Plans and Tower Drawings.
• Install, connect and test underground and above ground grounding systems.
• Complete work in a timely and efficient manner by planning, prioritizing, and mobilizing staff, materials to meet schedule.
• Ensure Foreman is apprised of construction progress, concerns, and deviations from plans or established schedule.
• Identify all materials and other resources needed to complete project.
• Identify construction "punch list" of items to be remedied and ensure they are completed prior to customer's inspection.
• Maintain and enforce all SBA and OSHA safety practices, perform daily job-site safety inspections on equipment prior to operation.
• Work with Superintendents and Foreman to analyze job requirements such as labor and materials.
• Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
• High School diploma or GED required.
• 1+ year of wireless tower construction experience or 2+ years of climbing experience required.
• Able to read blueprints, details and specifications.
• Cad-weld or other thermo-weld training helpful.
• Anritsu and/or OSHA certified a plus.
• Knowledge of and ability to operate Test Equipment a plus (i.e. RF sweep gear, PIM and Fiber Testing).
• Knowledge of standard knots, Pass N.A.T.E. Tower Climbers Exam.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Valid Driver's License - strongly preferred/may be required depending upon the location in which the position is required to work.
• May be required to obtain a DOT Medial Card.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
• Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Standing 90% of the day.
• Ability to stoop and bend.
• Ability to reach and stretch.
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
• Ability to walk, stand, bend and climb.
• Ability to work on job site in remote location for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
• Risk of electrical shock and radiation.
• Work near mechanical parts.
• May work in high, precarious places.
• Very loud noise levels equivalent to earth moving equipment and jackhammers.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!