- Montreal, QC, CAN
- Full Time
Responsible for all financial and internal accounting activities of the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with the Head Office, establish, implement and monitor accounting systems, policies, procedures and controls.
• Coordinate/ participate in the integration of acquisitions.
• Prepare/ review monthly financial statements.
• Monitor day-to-day treasury.
• Coordinate/ prepare tax compliance including government remittances; ensure compliance to fiscal and reporting legislation in order to minimize any potential related liabilities.
• Coordinate budget and forecasts preparation for all departments.
• Coordinate budget analysis for construction projects, follow costs on projects.
• Develop and maintain cost finding, reporting and internal control procedures.
• Participate in special project as needed.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Hire, train and develop qualified Accounting team.
• Provide development plans for staff as needed.
• Counsel and terminate staff as deemed necessary in conjunction with Human Resources
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with an accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role preferably in the Real Estate Industry
• Must demonstrate advanced knowledge and ability to work with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, & Internet navigation.
• Bilingual (English and French.)
• Must be an enthusiastic team player, familiar with multi-disciplined projects involving numerous critical tasks.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents. Ability to communicate effectively, whether orally or written.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as NPV's, IRR's, discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!