- Construction Services
- Romeoville, IL, USA
- Full Time
Looking to use your skills with an Industry leader? SBA Communications Corporation is a first choice provider and leading owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure in North and Central America. By "Building Better Wireless," SBA generates revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. The primary focus of SBA is the leasing of antenna space on its multi-tenant towers to a variety of wireless service providers under long-term lease contracts. In addition, we provide site acquisition, zoning and permitting services as well as construction and installation of communication infrastructure network to our attractive customer base of wireless service providers. With over 700+ employees strong and growing, we are considered a top competitor in our Industry. SBA has been traded on NASDAQ since 1999 under the symbol SBAC. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.sbasite.com
Perform duties related to general civil construction on a daily basis ensuring quality work for expedited commercial deployment of services as directed by Superintendent and/or Foreman.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Secondary power electrical system trouble-shooting, repair and basic installation.
- Install, connect and test underground and above ground grounding systems.
- Moderate flat-work concrete forming, pouring and finishing.
- Carpentry and miscellaneous trade skills.
- Landscaping, grading, and fence building as necessary.
- Work with Superintendents and Foreman to analyze job requirements such as labor and materials.
- Complete work in a timely and efficient manner as delegated by Superintendents and Foreman.
- Work with Superintendent and Foreman to maintain a safe job site.
- Assist fellow employees in completing tasks on a teamwork basis.
- Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years construction background required, preferably telecommunications.
- Commercial/residential electrical experience preferred.
- Able to read blueprints, details and specifications.
- Cald-weld or other thermo-weld training a plus.
- AC/DC power and back up battery system experience a plus.
- Certified to install Andrews connectors helpful.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver's License - strongly preferred/may be required depending upon the location in which the position is required to work.
- May be required to obtain a DOT Medical Card.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
- Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Standing 90% of the day.
- Ability to stoop and bend.
- Ability to reach and stretch.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend and climb.
- Ability to work on job site in remote location for extended periods of time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!