- Construction Services
- Birmingham, AL, USA
- Full Time
Looking to use your skills with an Industry leader? SBA Communications Corporation is a first choice provider and leading owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure in North and Central America. By "Building Better Wireless," SBA generates revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. The primary focus of SBA is the leasing of antenna space on its multi-tenant towers to a variety of wireless service providers under long-term lease contracts. In addition, we provide site acquisition, zoning and permitting services as well as construction and installation of communication infrastructure network to our attractive customer base of wireless service providers. With over 700+ employees strong and growing, we are considered a top competitor in our Industry. SBA has been traded on NASDAQ since 1999 under the symbol SBAC. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.sbasite.com
Supervise and perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction for expedited commercial deployment of services. Supervise subcontractors and job site personnel to complete scope of work assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect and approve all sub-contractor's work.
- Schedule and coordinate with all local authorities for required inspections.
- Complete work in a timely and efficient manner by planning, prioritizing and mobilizing staff, materials and subcontractors to meet progression schedule.
- Ensure Superintendent is apprised of construction progress, concerns and deviations from plans or established schedule.
- Identify all materials and other resources needed to complete project.
- Coordinate resources to meet construction schedules.
- Coordinate delivery and off-loading of towers, materials, generators and shelters.
- May identify construction "punch list" of items to be remedied and ensure they are completed prior to customer's inspection.
- May finalize all inspections to close project.
- Assign tasks to fellow crew members and perform civil or tower construction activities such as site clearing and leveling, digging trenches, grounding, forming, shoring, pouring and finishing concrete, spreading rock, stacking towers, testing, positioning antennas, installing antennas, running coax, etc.
- Ensure tasks assigned to crew are completed in timely, quality manner.
- Train and assist employees in completing tasks. Professionally interact with client's representatives.
- May maintain and enforce all SBA and OSHA safety practices, perform daily jobsite safety inspections on equipment prior to operation. Immediately stops work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist.
- Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Supervises journeyman, apprentice and helpers.
- Assign duties, instruct, review, plan/schedule and coordinate work for the above employees.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or GED required.
- 3+ years tower construction/climbing experience required, preferably telecommunications
- At least 1 year of management experience.
- Able to read blueprints, details and specifications.
- Cad-weld or other thermo-weld training helpful.
- Anritsu and/or OSHA certified strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate Test Equipment (i.e. RF sweep gear, PIM and Fiber Testing).
- Knowledge of standard knots, Pass N.A.T.E. Tower Climbers Exam.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Valid Physical Card required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
- Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Standing 90% of the day.
- Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to stoop and bend.
- Ability to reach and stretch.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend and climb.
- Ability to work on job site in remote location for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Risk of electrical shock and radiation.
- Work near mechanical parts.
- May work in high, precarious places.
- Very loud noise levels equivalent to earth moving equipment and jack hammers.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!