- Information Technology
- Boca Raton, FL, USA
- Full Time
Looking to use your skills with an Industry leader? SBA Communications Corporation is a first choice provider and leading owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure in North and Central America. By "Building Better Wireless," SBA generates revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. The primary focus of SBA is the leasing of antenna space on its multi-tenant towers to a variety of wireless service providers under long-term lease contracts. In addition, we provide site acquisition, zoning and permitting services as well as construction and installation of communication infrastructure network to our attractive customer base of wireless service providers. With over 700+ employees strong and growing, we are considered a top competitor in our Industry. SBA has been traded on NASDAQ since 1999 under the symbol SBAC. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.sbasite.com.
Supervises the day-to-day operations of IT support technicians. Identifies, researches, and resolves complex technical problems. Creates and manages escalation procedures and ensures service levels are maintained. Documents, tracks and monitors problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner. Supervises daily activities involved with procuring hardware and performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises technical support center technicians including performance evaluations, oversight and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely support and that all IT SLA's are met.
- Responsible for continuously monitoring the Heat helpdesk system and follow-up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution.
- Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent resolutions are implemented.
- Reviews and provides for upper management with daily, weekly, and monthly statistical reports and analysis, status reports, and other performance measurement related visibility.
- Ensures decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk are continually carried out and that customer service is given a top priority
- Interfaces with users of Information Technology, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department.
- Resolves problem situations in a professional manner.
- Accurately communicates pertinent information to create a work environment that lends itself to the best interests of departmental personnel and customer service.
- Accurately communicates pertinent information and determines when to escalate situations to other members of Information Technology or management.
- Assists in the development and implementation of quality and process improvements
- Provides support to end-users; end-user data security, vendor repairs, trouble shooting efforts, desktop & mobile computing, remote access, desktop/laptop, software procurement & integration.
- Inspires excellent service through coaching, and insures proper recognition of the contributions made by the helpdesk staff.
- Manages asset management activities relating to the identification, control, and tracking of equipment.
- Responsible for the continued development and training of the support staff.
- Manages all activities related to customer tracking, problem escalation, response times and call routing methods.
- Reviews metrics and procedures to enhance the support system to provide customer service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Performs analysis of ACD reports for call-abandoned rate, wait times, and agent ready time to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Forecasts call volumes, identifying peak call periods; ensuring that staffing is properly aligned to handle call loads. Oversees the call tracking system closely monitoring performance metrics to improve quality and efficiency of customer service.
- Accountable for meeting systems infrastructure or operational Service Level Agreements established by CIO
- Demonstrated management and decision making skills concerning Information Technology policies, processes and procedures, with proven track record of completing tasks and/or project within budget and on schedule.
- Ensures strict adherence for all staff members to all IT policies and procedures to ensure 100% compliance for Sarbanes Oxley.
- Responsible for working with various members of IT on projects and deployments as well as other members of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manages the day to day activities and projects assigned to the support staff.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 3 years advanced experience installing and supporting all of the following: Windows XP, Windows 7, Active Directory, Microsoft Office, PC deployment, Antivirus management, Remote User Networking, VPN, TCP/IP troubleshooting
- Proficient in running and maintaining Frontrange Heat or similar helpdesk systems.
- Bachelor degree or higher strongly preferred, applicable industry certifications expected.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- A minimum of 3+ year's managerial/technical experience providing IT support to a large multi-national organization with locations in the Americas.
- Possess strong leadership skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!