- Services Ops
- Boca Raton, FL, USA
- Full Time
Looking to use your skills with an Industry leader? SBA Communications Corporation is a first choice provider and leading owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure in North and Central America. By "Building Better Wireless," SBA generates revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. The primary focus of SBA is the leasing of antenna space on its multi-tenant towers to a variety of wireless service providers under long-term lease contracts. In addition, we provide site acquisition, zoning and permitting services as well as construction and installation of communication infrastructure network to our attractive customer base of wireless service providers. With over 700+ employees strong and growing, we are considered a top competitor in our Industry. SBA has been traded on NASDAQ since 1999 under the symbol SBAC. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.sbasite.com.
The Director of RF Engineering will monitor the standards and operating practices as they relate to the technological advances within the wireless industry. This position will interface with corporate employees, third party clients, sales teams, and industry experts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the executive team on emerging and advanced technology changes that align with Company's future business strategy.
• Prepare and develop a monitoring program of all initiatives and report on the status of all projects, ensuring that deadlines and milestones are met.
• Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies to enhance the company's competitive position, business offerings and department operations, by developing recommendations for new business opportunities and maximizing revenue on company assets.
• Manage scalability issues, strategy and implementation.
• Participate as a key member of the management team.
• All other duties assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• BSEE degree required, focus on communications theory preferred.
• 10+ years of engineering experience with one or more wireless network operators.
• General knowledge of RF Engineering practices and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) products and offerings.
• Knowledge associated with various types of carrier backhaul offerings, operating costs, traffic offload capabilities and spectrum allocations and 3G/4G/LTE network architecture.
• Currently working with cutting edge technology including latest generation data transfer networks and microcell deployment, as well as other small cell technologies.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!